I’ve got to get this off my chest before I Explode!
Here’s Some Healing for Your Soul –
It Is What it IS!
Recognize that right here; right now…It is What it is!
What I mean is accept your life’s circumstances as being what they are. That’s the current reality. You are right now where circumstances and decisions have brought you. Let that sink in for just a moment!
Ok, …that’s long enough. Now realize I’m only talking about current reality as you see it. I’m not talking about you being defeated by circumstances. I’m building a platform for you to launch from where you are to where you want to be.
Your goal and only goal for 2013 and forward should be to make better decisions through better information and prayer; and to act as quickly as possible to move you from where you are to where you want to be – bridging the gap.
This is going to require some letting go and some reaching out. You’re going to have to let go of some attitudes, some habits, some possessions and some people. You’re going to have to create some new attitudes and habits, acquire some new possessions and meet some new people. Every thing you need is out there and the power to get it is within you.
Change is going to be painful. It’s like a bad tooth. A filling and a cap may be a solution but sometimes it just has to come out. A bridge can fill the space and be supported by the other teeth and keep the good teeth in their rightful place. (I don’t know why the tooth analogy but I think it works.)
Do some soul searching – recognize where you are, be angry about it if need be, grieve the situation if need be and then accept that right now…it is what it is.
Now determine to change and go forward – its not going to happen overnight but stay your course.
- Fully determine where you are – physically, financially emotionally and spiritually
- Decide on what you really want and need (You may want the Maserati but the little Mazda will get you where you need to go.)
- Through prayer, reading and wise council decide how you will change your circumstances.
- Take an immediate first step. Don’t just stand there, do something…or stop doing something…whichever applies.
- Access the damage and the forward progress. Creation often destroys or disturbs first before progress is made. (An offensive lineman has to move the defensive lineman out of his way before the running back can make forward progress. Go ‘Skins….I mean, Ravens….sorry about that!)
- Keep moving; once you stop, starting again can be difficult. Stay prayerful and active
- Keep your eyes on your goal. Focus on the solution and not the problem.
Yes. It is What It is….Until It Isn’t!